Go Back   chairTalk > Running the business > Challenges of Working with Curl Clients

Challenges of Working with Curl Clients Curly clients are special; share tips for working with them

Old 09-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
ithinkImgonnaCurl

Default What is your toughest client challenge

Tell us about your toughest client challenge. Does it compare to these curl-centric stylists?

http://www.curlstylist.com/articles/styling/curl-centric-stylists-reveal-their-toughest-client-challenge
ithinkImgonnaCurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
curlysand

I have been a stylist for about 18 years. The past 3 years I have to say have been my favorite since I started to specialize in curly hair. I trained at the Devachan Salon, and have been devoted to curly girls ever since. My biggest challenge with cutting curly hair is getting my clients to understand the importance of the right hair products at home to maintain their curls. I feel as the they think Im giving some sort of sales pitch. We use Deva products, and in all my years of hair, have never found anything comparable to it. I teach them exactly how much they should use and how to apply it. Most of our clients see the difference in how wonderful their hair looks and feels, I just wish I could get those clients that do not want anything in their hair, or the ones who choose to buy cheap hair products, to experience how great their hair can look day to day.
curlysand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #3
Garnett

What was the training like at Devachan? I've been thinking about doing that for a few years now. I plan on moving to NYC at some point and would love to do the training there when I move. I met a girl in Manhattan about a month ago who had beautiful curls. I commented about them and she said she goes to Devachan and that it had been "life changing" for her to discover. Her curls were nearly perfect and she said it was second-day hair. I would love to learn at Devachan! Would you mind sharing a little about your experience there?
Garnett is offline   Reply With Quote