Go Back   chairTalk > Housekeeping > Feedback

Feedback Tell us what you think about ChairTalk and about CurlStylist.com!

Old 09-28-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
stevev363

Default somebody bring education to the midwest!!!!

Yes, I love the site and visit frequently. being from the midwest we have very little to no curly education and I'm always look to find some. look at the site calendar, ISSE is all you see. all the educaton available is on either coast but NEVER in the midwest, and it's been that way my entire career! the biggest event here is the ABS in march and I've never seen divacurl, ouidad, or any other curl based haircare company even put up a booth! SO, I'm making my plea.....
SOMEBODY BRING CURLY EDUCATION TO THE MIDWEST!!!!!
I'm in chicago for cheeses-rice!!! why aren't we getting any of your knowledge here? while I consider myself to be a know-it-all on curly hair foundations I still need to be fed some curly-goodness. I'm convinced that curly gurl's in the midwest wear straight hair because most stylists aren't learned enough and lack good basic skills, they suck because no one brings the education to the midwest!
OH, somebody hear my plea and bring us education!!!
ABS classes, distributor sponsored classes, SOMETHING!
a few years back vidal sassoon finaly started training classes in chicago and I rejoyced, alas REAL education I can do! but that's it! a very good education but that's about it for what's available in the midwest. so how about changing that, let's get some events on the caledar and get the evolution started!!!
stevev363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #2
hairsmom

Default In Case you are interested

Gina Rivera Presents:
Expert Care for Textured Hair
Thermal Reconditioning on African American Hair Texture
A 3-Day Seminar for Licensed Stylists

Increase Your Expertise
Become a Multicultural
Hair-care Professional

Dear Licensed Stylist,

Are you interested in increasing your salon revenues and becoming a known expert in Healthy Hair Care and Thermal Reconditioning ? Although many stylists are struggling to make it in a tough economic climate, you can drastically increase your profit margin by expanding your specialty skills and knowledge with in the African American market.
This is the best time ever to offer a process that will be inviting for so many clients during this movement in time with the natural hair care industry.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/statement-...ry?id=11771699

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...l0LFtBtnzmxhNP

Hair is The Top Priority for Black Women

Women email and call Hair Salon Owner, Stylist and Thermal Reconditioning Expert Gina Rivera from all over the world asking her if she knows of a stylist in their area that cares about healthy black hair care or knows how to do Japanese Thermal Reconditioning on black hair. Why? There are not a lot of salons that specialize in healthy hair care and Thermal Reconditioning on black hair. There is now a major demand for salons that know how to successfully perform Thermal Reconditioning. However, the Thermal Reconditioning companies do not have the experience to teach healthy black hair care, which is necessary to master before doing Thermals on this range of hair texture. This is a particular need right now, in light of the fact that the majority of the United States population in the next five years will have textured hair.

Here is a sample of the email inquiries that Gina has received over several years:

“Can you recommend someone who can do this process in Orange County, CA?”

“I recently watched your video on Youtube. As a mixed raced woman , who has had nothing but horrid experiences at black hair salons since I was a child, I found your videos to be refreshing and honest. I currently reside in London, England, so I am obviously not close to your salon.
Do you know of a good stylist here by chance?”

“ I am a 21 year old black girl living in London, England. I have had the fantastic opportunity to follow some of your amazing videos and articles about Thermal straightening black hair. I have truly been very impressed by the work that you have done. I really would like to get the same done on my hair but alas I have no idea where to get started. Your salon is obviously too far for me to travel to, so I wondered if you had any contacts in the UK, anyone that you could specifically recommend to me that does the same level of Thermal Hair straightening that you do. I would really appreciate this opportunity to give my hair much needed TLC.”

“I am a black female in the Chicago area, do you know anyone in my area that does the Thermal Reconditioning process? I can’t afford to fly to Connecticut or I would. Any help would be greatly appreciated!”

“My hair type is biracial. My mom is white and my dad is black . . . I go into Toronto [and] there are over 25 salons that offer [Thermal Reconditioning] but I’m not sure which one I should go to. Trust me, if you were closer, I would already made my mom drive me to your salon for a consultation but sadly you’re not. I was wondering if you could help me out because I don’t always want to relax and straighten my hair, the TR seems like a much healthier route for me.”

“Do you know if there is any trained hair stylist who could apply thermal reconditioning on coarse, African American hair in the Montreal or Toronto region?”

According to BlackAmericans.com, studies show that Black women still flock to their hairdressers for routine maintenance, despite the recession. According to Global Report, African-Americans account for just 13 percent of the U.S. population. Yet they also account for 80 percent of hair-care sales in the United States. African-Americans spend three times more on hair-care than all other Americans combined. "Every woman wants to be beautiful no matter what color. But Black women have a special pride that includes taking care of their hair,” says Britney Adams, a Louisiana-based stylist.

Gina Rivera’s “Healthy Black Hair Care and Thermal Reconditioning” Seminar

Hair’s Talent Salon is now offering a seminar entitled “Healthy Black Hair Care and Thermal Reconditioning,” which will teach stylists how to do Japanese Thermal Reconditioning on African-American hair textures, as well as teach various methods on how to take proper care of African American hair textures in order to achieve excellent results.

What is Thermal Reconditioning?

Thermal Reconditioning is a Thio-based chemical procedure which uses heat to restructure the hair's protein bond, enabling those with frizzy, curly, or wavy hair to experience permanently straight hair while at the same time preserving the health and improving the feel, texture, softness, & shine, leaving the hair completely manageable.

Why should you offer Thermal Reconditioning to your clientele?

It is one of the best ways to expand into the booming healthy hair care market. Today, black women have become more disenchanted with the damaging effects of sodium-hydroxide relaxers and are seeking another method of permanently straightening their hair while simultaneously achieving long, healthy hair. In addition, black women are seeking a hair straightening method that will lessen the amount of hair processing time on a daily basis. Thermal Reconditioning is the perfect solution for women who want healthy, straight, manageable, gorgeous healthy hair.

In order to successfully execute a Thermal Reconditioning Treatment on a client, you must be trained by a certified stylist who knows how to do the treatment on African American hair textures. Gina Rivera is one of very few stylists around the world who has mastered the Thermal Reconditioning Technique on African American hair.

Background on Gina Rivera: Educator, Stylist and Hair Consultant

Gina Rivera’s been a stylist since 1976 and the owner of Hair's Talent since 1986. During her career, she has worked with thousands of women with all kinds of hair textures, creating healthy, appealing and manageable styles. Gina developed a passion for styling textured hair early in her career, and has since achieved much success.

Through intensive lifelong training and study, Gina’s created innovative alternatives for clients with various hair textures. They no longer need weaves or wigs — they can just style with them for the fun of it. Nor do they need to keep using the chemicals that had previously damaged their hair.

In addition to her enormous following in the Northeast United States, women from all over the world have visited Gina for the superior results she consistently delivers. Whether visiting from the Caribbean Islands, Greece or all over the United States, Gina’s clients always return home 100 percent satisfied with their results.

If you sign up for one of Gina’s seminars, you will be training with one of the top coaches around the world on how to properly take care of African American hair textures. Through her educational seminars, Gina will prepare stylists for a career in textured hair care and Japanese Thermal Reconditioning. In her friendly salon, you’ll join like-minded professionals to learn what works with textured hair. You’ll gain insider information on the needs, wants and concerns of a multicultural market. And you’ll enjoy lively discussions in a small class of 15 stylists. “I want to give stylists the skills they need to work with this hair texture and market,” says Gina. “As professionals, we can help women with textured hair achieve the healthy look they want.” After attending Gina’s seminar, you’ll feel confident saying “Yes, I can help you” to clients who want healthy hair and/or want the Japanese Thermal Reconditioning treatment. You’ll know how to deliver 100 percent satisfaction to new clients. “I would love to share all my tricks and time saving techniques that only 34 years of experience can teach you.”
So get to the seminar and start creating a large, loyal following of your own.

Can You Afford to Miss This Seminar?

Your success in learning to care for textured hair depends on your trainer’s knowledge and skill. To excel in textured hair care, you need a coach with unmatched expertise and a proven reputation. Gina Rivera’s seminar will help you take your career to a whole new level.

At Hair’s Talent, clients pay between $500-$1,000 for a Thermal Reconditioning treatment, depending on the condition and length of their hair. After approximately 5-7 months, clients come back to the salon for a “retouch,” which can range between $550 and $650. In between Thermal treatments, clients come into the salon for various other treatments offered, such as protein and moisturizing treatments (ranging between $50 and $100) colors and highlights
( $50-$135) and cuts ($35-$55). Financially, you can drastically increase your profit margin by offering Thermal Reconditioning at your salon and performing it on African American clientele.

Seminar Details

When:

The seminar will take place on Sunday, March 27, 2011, through Tuesday, March 29, 2011.

Where:

Hair’s Talent Salon
906 West Main Street
Branford, CT 06512
www.hairstalent.com
(203) 481-1246

Here is a breakdown of the schedule during these days:

Sunday, March 27, 2011:
1st Day –
Theory
à 9-1pm: Healthy Black Hair Care
à 1-2pm: Lunch Included
à 2- End of day: Thermal Theory Q’s & A’s

Monday, March 28, 2011:
2nd Day –
Thermal Reconditioning
à Thermal on African American Virgin Hair
à Retouch Thermal

Tuesday, March 29, 2011:
3rd Day –
Thermal Reconditioning
à Thermal on African American Hair Growing Out a Sodium-Hydroxide Relaxer
à Thermal on African American Hair With Color Only

Included in the seminar cost is Hair’s Talent’s complimentary “Healthy Black Hair Care and Thermal Reconditioning” educational package.

Topics covered in package:

Introduction: The “Hair’s Talent Way”
Healthy Black Hair Care
The Importance of Customer Service
The Importance of Consultations
How to Properly Shampoo Hair
How to Properly Blow-Dry and Flat Iron Hair
How to Properly Relax Hair
How to Properly Execute a Hair Protein treatment
In addition, this package will include
The 3 Day Seminar in DVD Format so you can review what was taught to you.
( It will be shipped to you 2 weeks after classes)

Cost:

The seminar cost is $1,500

Note: During this seminar Gina will be working on
· Four Thermal clients
· One Non-Chemical client for a straight blow out
· One Chemical Client for a protein treatment

Also included
· Instructional package on Thermal Reconditioning
· Healthy black hair care package
· Lunch is included
· Seminar’s end, enjoy wine and refreshments with Gina and classmates.

There’ll be no sales pitch to buy hair products.
Although, they will be there if you would like a chance to purchase.

***Note: You can purchase the instructional package for $800.00 without attending the seminar if you are a licensed hair stylist.***

Reserve your seat today with a $500 nonrefundable PayPal deposit. A $1000 balance is due at the seminar and most major credit cards are accepted.

***Seminar Specials**********
For every additional paying stylist that you bring with you, you will receive $500.00 off your individual seminar cost. Two for $2500.00

If you are able to bring a hair model with you, you will receive $100.00 off your seminar cost, and a Thermal Reconditioning Retouch Client after 6 months.
Note: You must call Gina Rivera at least 2 weeks prior to seminar in order to discuss the model’s hair so that the model is an ideal candidate for teaching purposes.

Time’s flying, the demand for this seminar is high, and we only allow 15 stylists per seminar in order to provide top-notch individual attention and training. Register now and get ready to boost your client base and income. Don’t wait till it’s too late!

Sincerely,

Gina Rivera,

Hair’s Talent, LLC

906 West Main Street
Branford, Connecticut 06405
Business Phone: 203-481-1246
Cell Phone: 203-640-4880

Please click "Like" to become a fan!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hairs-Tale nt/117803214946139.

Subscribe to our You Tube Channel and check out our videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/hairstalent?feature=mhum

"You may be only one person in the world,
but you may also be the world to one person".
hairsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:10 PM   #3
Bowgo

Default Amen Steve!!

I'm in Milwaukee and feel the same! @ Gina, I did bookmark your site but wish you weren't in CT... it would be nice to find someplace close that I wouldn't have to spend $3000 to $4000 every time I need education!
Bowgo is offline   Reply With Quote