Go Back   chairTalk > Getting to work > Coloring

Coloring Learn all the latest techniques

Old 08-30-2009, 11:36 PM   #1
LadyChristina

Default Need info on Glaze

Hi, all,

Im not a stylist, just a curlie-wavy girl. I would like to add shine to my hair and am thinking of having a glaze done. I think its called "Cellophane". Can anyone shed some light on what this process is, how long it lasts and approx cost. Thanks alot!

PS Cool site, Im from NC.Com and I love this new place!
LadyChristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
Amanda Statham

A glaze is pretty much as it sounds. It is a "glazing" on the hair. There are many differant shades or clear for shine. Since it is a semi-permant it should last 4-6 weeks. Depending on how often and what you shampoo with. If you are glazing for shine, I would suggest skipping the glaze and using a really light hair oil (applied sparingly to midshaft and to ends only)to moisturize and create a natural sheen. AlfaParf makes a really nice one called "Liquid Crystal Illuminating serum"( colonge smell ) and Leonor Greyl makes an all over body and hair oil called "Magnolia oil" (light and flowery). Glazes are great and have no major effect on your hair chemically. However, curly hair tends to be fuzzy and dull due to dryness. It would help cure the problem not the symptom.
Amanda Statham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
LadyChristina

thank you for your reply, very informative!

I was worried that there are silicones in some glazes as I read that Frederick Fekkai has a glaze with silly-cones. Ive been CG friendly for over a year, my hair is healthy, no build up and no split ends so wouldnt want to screw that up.

Thanks again!
LadyChristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:40 AM   #4
Garnett

Jumping in here, a little late. I did a glaze on my own hair about 6 years ago and even though it wasn't supposed to lighten at all, I ended up with two levels of lift. My hair was short at the time so it wasn't a huge tragedy, but I wanted to mention that in case somebody doesn't want lift. It could happen so do a strand test first!
Garnett is offline   Reply With Quote