Go Back   chairTalk > Getting to work > Products and tools

Products and tools What are you loving?

Old 06-10-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
mrfhnl

Default Still in search of the perfect dryer

After 2 years my DevaSun has died. Started to spark. Loved it but way too heavy to use on my straight clients. Tried a FHI nano weight pro 1900...fell apart! P.O.S! Tried the limited edition T3 Bespoke Evolution...hot, too hot for curls, too slow in drying straight. Next came the HaiClassicPro...still trying that out but very loud although lightweight and I think good for curls so far.

What are your faves?? What dryer would you never be without?
mrfhnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #2
ashley101787

Have you Ever tried a Babyliss Nano Titanium? They're great, they're powerful and lightweight. I don't know all the features off the top of my head, but it's a good dryer.

Cricket also just came out w/ a new dryer, it's called the Q Zone, it's specialty feature is that it's extremely quiet ( and it is very quiet actually!) And it's really great too!

I wont say the wholesale prices of these items in a thread, so if you wanna know just message me! ( The person who started this thread only!)
ashley101787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
Tiffany

I have an Italian Twin Turbo 3200, which I love. I bought a DevaSun dryer a couple of years ago, but always thought it was 'eh.' If my TT ever decides to die, I will definitely be getting another one.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:07 AM   #4
*COLLEE*

I am wishing I remembered what brand my dryer was. Ill check tomorrow. It has a rheostat for the speed, and 2 temps. It isn't an ionic dryer. But I love it. We had to order them from some site, none of the supply houses here carry them.
*COLLEE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
Janice McCafferty

Default Hair Dryer

Colleen, you should try the FHI Heat 1900 Dryer. It has all the bells and whistles plus it has won a ton of awards from consumer magazines.
Janice McCafferty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #6
mrfhnl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
I have an Italian Twin Turbo 3200, which I love. I bought a DevaSun dryer a couple of years ago, but always thought it was 'eh.' If my TT ever decides to die, I will definitely be getting another one.

You don't find it to be too heavy? It's the same weight as the DevaSun. I guess I never minded the weight when doing curls, only found it too heavy for blowouts. Does it speed up the diffusing of curls, cuz my clients seem to spend most of their appt drying!
mrfhnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #7
Tiffany

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfhnl View Post
You don't find it to be too heavy? It's the same weight as the DevaSun. I guess I never minded the weight when doing curls, only found it too heavy for blowouts. Does it speed up the diffusing of curls, cuz my clients seem to spend most of their appt drying!
Girl, I have forearms like a linebacker from all the curl scrunching I do, so I don't know that any dryer would be "too heavy" for me, lol!

I put my clients under the bonnet dryer for 10-15 minutes, which dries them most of the way (leaving me free to do other things) and then I only have to spend about 10 minutes diffusing past that unless they have very long hair. Not much different than a regular blow-out really.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #8
patrikalan

I have been using the Twin Turbo 2800 for over 16yrs. (not the same one of course) sure I have tried other companies, but this dryer is always my go-to dryer. It has a balance of the perfect hot to the cold shot that sets where it is a breeze to use.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:16 AM   #9
*COLLEE*

Its a Solanotronic. Only 1600 watt, but plenty of power, and not too loud.
*COLLEE* is offline   Reply With Quote