chairTalk

chairTalk (/chairtalk/index.php)
-   Client Communication (/chairtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Stylists counsel their clients. (/chairtalk/showthread.php?t=62)

rachelpeters 09-29-2009 11:27 AM

Stylists counsel their clients.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6...c743970c-320wi

This new study says hair stylists offer advice and counsel to clients. And they came to the revelation that the longer stylists worked with clients, the closer their relationships became. "Almost two-thirds said they would refer older clients to a mental health expert if necessary, but some said they didn't know much about such services in their community," says the LA Times. We all need to be aware of social services in our area or at least know how to find them.

There have been so many times I have given clients advice. Sometimes they take and sometimes not, but it's important to try. Plus, it shows you as a stylist that you aren't just talking about yourself the entire haircut.

leapea82 10-06-2009 10:32 AM

I think you are so right. There are many times that I hear way to much and just not sure what to do about it. I have learned over the years to leave it all at work. I had problems with that b/c I love my clients but I realized that I couldnt do anything to change or help them and I was done loosing sleep over it.

yvictoria56 08-09-2010 09:24 PM

I am amazed at the things that some of my clients tell me. I always joke to my friends that I think they come to talk and just so happen to get their hair done! lol

I agree that the longer you have known them the closer the relationship gets. I have had a couple clients that were trying relentlessly to have a child who know have 2.5 kids. I feel like I was there through the whole thing with them.

The plus is, I can always depend on them to be at the salon to get their hair done too!;)