chairTalk

chairTalk (/chairtalk/index.php)
-   Products and tools (/chairtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What is your favorite hair dryer? (/chairtalk/showthread.php?t=44)

ithinkImgonnaCurl 08-04-2009 04:10 PM

What is your favorite hair dryer?

We want to know

phia07 08-10-2009 06:23 PM

I use a Chi dryer and have been pleased, but I tried a Deva sundryer for curly hair and LOVE it
BTW I'm new here and I'm so happy to have found a place dedicated to celebrating the different hair textures.My 3 yr old Daughter Sophia and I have very curly hair, we call ourselves " The Curly Girl's":p

gerricurtis 08-10-2009 10:37 PM

Over the years I have used an elchum which is great for styling hair with a round brush, I also have a chi which I love. It is light weight and really hot. Now most of my clients have curl. I generally sit them under the hood. But if I use a dryer it is a deva. I don't recommend for staightening because it takes longer. although it is hot. it's not super hot.:)

missmelodie 08-18-2009 07:51 PM

fav dryer

My personal favorite is the black paul mitchell dryer. it eliminates frizz and adds shine and even cuts down drying time. my fav thing about it is it's quiet! but it doesn't do too well for curls, unless on low heat which means i'm drying for a while. hai elite has an amazing blow dryer too that dries hair instantly but it's so noisy :eek:. honestly the cheap blow dryer i've had since high school (4 years ago) with a universal diffuser is my number one choice when i diffuse my own curls. but shush can't tell my guests that.

kio 03-01-2010 11:16 PM

Elchim

stevev363 08-13-2010 03:55 PM

Solano and Croc, the absolute best!!!

I have used Solano my entire career, they offer the most reliable dryers anywhere. That is, along with my new favorite Croc professional dryer! hands-down one of the fastest and easiest for blowdrying very thick and coarse texture, works as well on my ethnic clients as it does on everybody else I have used it on. Solano has the weight I like while the Croc is light and lightning fast! ;)

Robert Banyaga 12-15-2010 11:45 PM

Turbo Power 3200 & Velecta Paramount TGR

I am a blow dryer junkie and I am very picky about the cords and power of the dryer. I went thru my CHI Turbo phase, but the tangly cord, lack of power and excessive heat got the best of me. I reverted to my trusty Elchim VIP which I love. Currently my 2 favorite blow dryers are: The Turbo Power 3200, it has lots of power for drying hair straight and fast, but snap on a multi-fit diffuser and lower the speed and it is great for curly hair! The Turbo Power is a workhorse dryer with a very good build quality. Another great dryer, which is my back up is the Velecta Paramount TGR, it has plenty of power for a compact dryer and multi-heat and speed settings. The best feature of the VP TGR is the LONG tangle-free cord!!!

Hair Artisan 12-22-2010 11:44 PM

FHI Heat 2000

I love this dryer because it works well for round brush curling and diffusing. It's not lightweight but has a high output of heat and air blast. Don't drop the tool because its very sensitive and may never work the same, I'm on my 2nd.

http://www.fhiheat.com/nano-salon-pr...late-gray.aspx