Posts Tagged ‘Trashy Roots Salon & Spa’
Get Your Clients’ Locks Fall Fashion Ready!
by Alicia Ward on Monday, September 20th, 2010
Time to transition to fall. Follow these tips to get your clients’ locks ready for the fall fashion season!
As the heat starts to fad and cool nights begin to increase we all start to think about how to prepare for fall. With the changing of the seasons often comes the changing of our clients’ hair colors. Veteran stylist Anna Craig of Trashy Roots Salon & Spa, has six tips to help your clients transition to the perfect fall look. Craig, Pravana Artistic Educator and DevaCurl Specialist, has more nine years of experience, and is extremely passionate about colors. She ensures if you follow her steps, your clients will be fall-ready in no time!
3 steps to getting your client’s hair ready for fall color change
1. Deep Condition: Tell your clients to use a great deep conditioner a week prior to their dye appointment. You want to make sure their hair is strong and healthy. Make sure to tell them to do this around a week out—too close to their appointment will prohibit the color from fully penetrating.
2. Clarify: Talk to clients about clarifying. Ask them to clarify their hair to remove build up at least three days prior to their appointment. This will remove any access build up before their hair gets its new fall look.
3. Hydrate: Inform them to use a hydrating conditioner for one week prior to their appointment including after their clarifying treatment. Hydrating conditioners are a great wavy to lock in your clients moisture without coating the hair too thick to prevent color penetration.
3 Steps Color Change for Fall
Transitioning your clients’ summer locks to fall is a slow and steady process that allows you to have control and create a gradual transformation that is completed correctly.
1. Add depth! Slowly start to add depth back into the client’s hair via lowlights. Just an initial shading. You don’t want to go too dark at first.
2. 5 weeks later add more depth by weaving in more dark pieces
3. 7 weeks later add additional depth. Majority of the time this will be the final step of the fall color transformation however, it may take additional time if you want you change to be even more gradual.