Posts Tagged ‘long’
“The Lioness” —
A Look from Sam Villa
by Staff on Thursday, July 2nd, 2009
“The Lioness” from Sam Villa.
Hot stylist Sam Villa used his Texture Curl technique to achieve this look — he takes classic curls and adds character to make them modern.
1. Section hair and spray both sides with Redken Spray Starch 15 to protect hair from heat and to add hold.
2. Use TEXTUR iron to create impressions down the hair shaft, either overlapping down the entire shaft or randomly imprinting.
3. Work your way around the entire head, either imprinting all sections or random sections.
4. Take small sections of the textured hair and twist and wrap it around a small Marcel curling iron with the iron pointing down — make sure to tuck the ends in the spoon of the iron.
5. Twist iron to point upward and slip a pin in the curl next to the iron and slip iron out. This will hold the curl in place and prevent fingers from being burned.
6. Once entire head is curled and cooled, remove pins and rub a couple drops of Redken Glass 01 between hands and breakup curls to soften.
Tip: To keep hair away from the face, take a small section of curls and divide in two sections — wrap the sections around each other and ruche the ends.