ISSE Long Beach 2012 to Host New Hair Competitions & Tryouts
by CurlStylist on Thursday, November 17th, 2011
The 2012 International Salon & Spa Expo Long Beach (ISSE Long Beach) show has added all new hair competitions to complement its already prestigious nail competitions and further enhance the overall attendee experience.
Sponsored by Sally Beauty Supply and Pivot Point, the hair competitions are open to students and licensed cosmetology professionals. The ISSE Long Beach hair competitions offer a variety of categories to enter and will include an array of cash and prizes for winners.
For licensed cosmetology professionals (seniors), the hair competitions will also serve as tryouts to be a part of Team USA for the 2012 OMC HairWorld competition in Milan, Italy. Largely considered the Olympics of the international professional hair community, being a part of Team USA is a highly coveted honor.
Students – (Juniors) / Sunday, January 29, 2012
Entrants must be currently enrolled and not hold a cosmetology license at time of competition. All competitions are performed on mannequins. Categories include:
- Ladies Trend Cut, Color & Style – Perform a cut, style, and color representing current mainstream consumer fashion trends oriented to the younger consumer.
- Long Bridal Hair – Create a fashionable long-hair bridal look that represents a consumer bridal focused look appropriate for a fashionable wedding.
- Fantasy Inspired by Nature - Competitors choice of one male/female mannequin representing the competitor’s vision for a nature-inspired, fantasy-themed hairstyle.
Licensed Professionals – (Seniors) / Monday, January 30, 2012
Open to all licensed professionals who are not currently enrolled in cosmetology school, top scorers will be invited to join Team USA for the 2012 OMC HairWorld competition. To be considered for Team USA, entrants must participate in either BOTH of the Fashion or BOTH of the Technical competitions. All competitions are performed on mannequins. Categories include:
- Technical: Creative - Competitors will perform a Creative Hairstyle showing their creative skills on wet hair.
- Technical: Hair by Night – Competitors will create a technical evening-appropriate hairstyle.
- Fashion on Long Hair: Day Style - Competitors will create a fashionable hairstyle on long hair suitable for day wear.
- Fashion on Long Hair: Evening Style - Competitors will create a fashionable evening hairstyle on long hair with a total look in mind.
Prizes & Rules
Entry prices vary by level and range from $99 to $129 if registered by January 6, 2012, and $129 to $149 from January 7 to 22, 2012.
ISSE Long Beach is open to licensed salon/spa professionals, cosmetology students and instructors only. To maintain a professional atmosphere, attendees must present proof of license and a valid photo ID. Follow the link for more information on ISSE Long Beach along with official entry details for the hair and nail competitions.
Enter the Ultimate Student Hair Styling Contest
by Staff on Tuesday, December 1st, 2009
Think your students have what it takes?
Are you an existing cosmetology student looking for that opportunity to elevate yourself to the next level?
Are you in the industry and know of a student that could benefit from a boost before they even begin their career?
The Junior Style Stars Contest is a national hair competition for cosmetology students only. ANY student is eligible to enter. Students, come show off your skills by creating the winning bridal look and win the opportunity of a lifetime…as well as up to $50,000 in cash and prizes!
Click here for more information.