Retexturizing Straight Strands
by CurlStylist on Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Allen Ruiz demonstrates how to get bombshell texture from perfectly straight hair so even your straight-tressed friends can experience the texture revolution!
1. Part hair down the center using a rattail comb. Saturate hair with volumizing spray and divide into 1-inch to 1 ½-inch sections.
2. Apply a holding gel to each section and twist around finger to create a cylindrical coil. Continue up the back of the head in a brick-lay pattern.
3. Blow dry while scrunching the hair upwards, using fingers as a diffuser. Continue to squeeze hair as it cools.
4. Use a ¾-inch clipless curling iron to give more shape to random pieces. Leave out ends for a more modern look.
5. Finish the look by breaking up curls gently with fingers for added softness and volume. Spray with hairspray for hold.