Delicious Curl Miracles from Matrix Total Results
by CurlStylist on Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Some hair types are solid and dependable — pretty much always the same. Not curls. Every day is different when it comes to this sassy hair type. Curls can be springy and obedient on Monday, fuzzy and unruly on Tuesday and limp and listless by Friday. That’s why when it comes to care and styling, there’s no such thing as “the usual.” Different days call for different strategies, and a variety of yummy product miracles!
“I work with my curly clients to teach them how to cope with every type of hair day they encounter,” says Matrix Artistic Director Nick Stenson. “During the consultation, we talk about the differnent situations they encounter, and then we come up with a customized solution — products and styling — for each one.”
Here are two of Nick’s favorite Total Results Curl Cocktail “Recipes!”
Matrix Curl Miracle Gel.
Overworking and undermoisturizing leaves these locks looking rough, fuzzy and coarse.
- Shampoo and condition with Total Results Curl Shampoo and Conditioner to gently cleanse, nourish and replenish moisture.
- Towel dry and apply Total Results Miracle Super DeFrizzer Gel to damp hair. This liquid gel melts into hair instantly, and provides control and definition without a trace of crunch. Comb through with a wide-tooth comb.
- Use the diffuser attachment to spread out airflow and use a low air setting to maintain texture and dry curls gently. Tilt the head to the side, allowing hair to hang freely. Position the diffuser beneath the hair, push up and dry.
- Work a dime-sized amount of Total Results Sleek Wonder Smoothing Oil between hands, and gently press and squeeze curls to quench any trace of dryness. This ultra-light, rapidly absorbed formula offers 24 hour repair and frizz-fighting power.
Fine texture causes these coils to droop before the day is done.
Matrix Curl Contouring Cream.
- Shampoo and condition with Total Results Curl Shampoo and Conditioner for lightweight cleansing and care. Towel dry.
- Apply Total Results Amplify Wonder Boost Root Lifter to the scalp area. This innovative formula features a unique directional nozzle that points root-lifting muscle directly where it’s needed. Lift lasts for 24 hours.
- Work Total Results Curl Contouring Lotion through midlengths and ends. This nourishing and moisturizing formula boosts body, bounce and shine.
- Remove all moisture and encourage volume by drying hair with a diffuser attachment with the head tilted forward.
- Using a medium-sized curling iron, spin large sections vertically along the outside of the barrel. Slide the hair off the iron with the curl intact and clip to the head.
- Once hair has cooled completely, remove the clips and allow curls to unfurl. Without disturbing the curl formation, mist with Total Results Amplify Proforma Hairspray to provide extra lift and maxium hold.
The best way to mix up the ultimate cocktails for your curls is to experiment with a variety of Total Results formulas, says Nick. Try a little of this, a little of that and soon, you’ll find the perfect blends!
More About Matrix
Matrix curl family group shot.
MATRIX, the leading professional haircare and haircolor company in the United States, is part of L’Oreal USA’s Professional Products Division. Founded in 1980, MATRIX is committed to the development of the salon professional and offers a wide range of products including: Amplify, Biolage, ColorSync, Design Pulse, Logics, SOCOLOR, Sleek.look, Vavoom and Wonder.Brown. MATRIX professional products are available only in salons and can be guaranteed authentic when purchased from authorized retailers.