Extend your Biz, Hair Extensions for Curly Hair
by CurlStylist on Monday, March 4, 2013
Hair extensions represent one of the hottest categories for salons right now, and curly clients are stronger prospects for this problem-solving service than you might think. Leading extension brands have recognized the opportunity and many create special extensions to match curl patterns and to help you help clients transition between texture changes, add volume or length, and more. Visit their web sites and ask about specific training or solutions for naturally curly and other texture types. (See the special Extension Trends section on page 110 in MODERN’s March Issue).
Here are five reasons to consider adding texture-enhancing extensions to your portfolio of curly expertise:
1. The bad cut. When NaturallyCurly.com polled consumers and asked what was the worst mistake a stylist has made on their hair, cutting it too short was number one. Hair extensions make the recovery process easier to bear.
2. The vertically challenged. Dry and damaged curls are prone to breakage so growth is a major challenge for texture hair, and for many women waiting for hair to grow only leads to frustration. Extensions let the consumer focus on all the reasons she loves her curls.
3. Pure drama. Extensions have the dramatic effect we want for the red carpet moments in our lives, like weddings or proms.
4. The volume. Most people assume that curly hair equals thick hair, but curl pattern is only one part of the equation. Density, width and length determine thickness and volume, so extensions can help give a boost to fine-haired curlies.
5. The versatility. Everybody loves textured hair because of its chameleon-like qualities. Extensions are just one more tool in a curly’s toolbox to change her look day-to-day.