ABS 2012: Innovations in Color from Rusk
by Cassadie on Friday, March 9, 2012
Love the high gloss shine you can achieve with lighting in an editorial photo shoot? Rusk platform artist and Eduction Team member Angela Greenland demonstrated a new technique called a Shine Line from their 2012 Rebel Chic Collection. The Shine Line adds either Bold Color Contrast or a Subtle Tonal Change to the round of the head where light normally hits, adding the appearance of shuttered dimension within the haircut and the illusion of scintillating luminosity in color. This technique offers a simple way to enhance 2a-2c texture with the bold level 7 coppers and level 6.66 reds trending this season both on on the Rusk mainstage and the ABS show floor.
To achieve this look, smudge a thin line of bleach around the curvature of the head right where the light hits.
1. Using Deepshine Conditioning Cream Haircolor / Equal parts of 9.13 Very Light Beige + 9.01 Very Light Ash Blonde + the appropriate Deepshine Shine Enhancing Developer process 35 minutes
2. Take a panel in the round to the head ( with this model the front fringe area - Pre lighten to yellow stage with Deepshine White + 20 Volume Deepshine Shine Enhancing Developer
3. Rinse and Shampoo with Deepshine Hydrating Shampoo, towel dry until just damp
4. Tone with Deepshine Demi / 7.44CC Intense Copper Blonde and Deepshine Shine Enhancing Balancing Lotion for up to 20 minutes
5. Rinse, Shampoo, Condition with Deepshine Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner
6. Style using one of Rusk Designer Collection Products